Covid-19 / Coronavirus Policy
Last updated: 10:30AM, Thursday 2 July 2020
Travellers from Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania will be allowed into South Australia without a mandatory 14-day quarantine, effective from midnight Tuesday 16 June.
Travellers from Victoria, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory into South Australia are still required to undertake a mandatory 14-day quarantine. The State Government is yet to confirm a date when these border restrictions will lift.
In light of the lessening of travel restrictions, Murray River Trails is able to offer tours for Murray River Walk in September (private groups only) and Murray River Safari and Murray River Escapes tours in November 2020.
Murray River Trails is a COVID-SAFE practicing business and we have implemented important measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff and guests is maintained throughout our tours.
We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, and in response to the current precautionary circumstances we have taken additional measures to ensure we keep our environment virus free.
These measures include;
- Hospital-grade cleaning of the houseboats in between tours (thorough cleaning of all guest areas and high-frequency touchpoints throughout the houseboat)
- Increasing the cleaning frequency of common areas on the houseboat during tours
- Providing each guest with a personal bottle of hand sanitiser and having communal bottles available in the common areas of the houseboat
- Gloves and face-masks are available on request
- Allowing only groups of people who know each other on a tour (relevant for Murray River Walk tours in September 2020 only).
We kindly ask that guests respect physical distancing measures during all personal interactions with other guests and staff as a precautionary measure. We ask that you respect our guidelines and follow staff instructions regarding this.
Given the current circumstances, if guests are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms relevant to the current outbreak, we advise them to contact us to arrange booking changes. For the health, safety and comfort of our staff and other guests, we will not be able to allow guests to participate in the tour if they have come into contact with anyone tested positive for COVID-19 or display any of these symptoms:
- cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, fever or chills, loss of smell or altered sense of taste. This includes both staff and customers.
Please contact our office during business hours to discuss our tour options for the remainder of 2020.
For further information about COVID-19, including current travel restrictions, please visit the following Government websites.